Already have an account?
Terrain.org is now accepting submissions of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. Our 7th Annual Contest submission deadline has passed.
We are not currently accepting unsolicited submissions for the Letter to America series, though you may query us at email@example.com if you have something in mind.
If you need to withdraw your full submission, please log in to the left and use the withdrawal tool. If you need to withdraw only a part of your submission, please email the editors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A single document containing your submission (one story, one essay, up to six poems, or the like) must be submitted in Microsoft Word format as .doc or .docx or .rtf, .pdf, or .txt. For videos, please paste the link of the video in your cover letter document if it has been uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo.
If you are a returning submitter, log in using the fields to the left. If this is your first visit, follow these steps:
- Fill in all of your contact information. If you are submitting work for someone else, fill in your contact info and fill in the name of the person your are submitting for in the "writer name" field.
- Fill in the title(s) of the work(s) you are submitting. If you are submitting multiple poems or flash prose pieces, separate titles with commas (abbreviating is fine) or use a generic title such as "Poetry Submission" or "Five Poems," but make sure all work is in a single document. Please view our Submission Guidelines for specific submission requirements.
- Use the Choose File button to browse to the file on your computer that you would like to submit. Select the file and click on the Open button. Your file will then appear in the "file" field. If you are submitting multiple entries for the contest, please submit your first entry using the form below, and then log back in to submit the other entry separately. No more than three contest entries may be submitted and under consideration at any time. No more than one regular submission will be considered at any time.
- Important: Choose the correct Genre and in the Comments field, you are welcome to type a note or paste your cover letter or if this is a contest submission, you must enter your genre (fiction, nonfiction, or poetry) here.
- You will then have the option to review your information and confirm that it is correct. Click submit and you're done. You will receive a confirmation by email.